Friday, February 5, 2010

Finding vintage and rare TV on YouTube

As you know, I love television. I check YouTube multiple times a day. And since I use Firefox I added Fast Video Download. This allowed be to download most videos without hassle.

Because most shows are split into multiple parts because of the 10 minute time limit I download all of the parts. I then use FinalCut Express to edit them together and create a single file. I then can share this with other people and I include a copy in the archive I am building for my school

If you are looking for classic TV on YouTube check out the following channels:


And my favorite is TVDays. Ira Gallen is a TV and film preservationist and has a collection of tens of thousands of film reels. For example he has more then 20,000 commercials. He also has a website - tvdays.com - where you can purchase DVDs of some of his collections that are in the public domain.

And if you like websites try TVparty.com. A lot of great articles on classic TV. There is a free site and a more indepth paid site.


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

No comments: